Have you ever pondered how great it would be to take YOUR Pharmacy’s message and YOUR message out into the world….out beyond the four walls of your store and your advertising in the community? Your advertising may be in the local papers, a brochure, your website or Facebook page and maybe even a TV ad on your local station, but with your own YouTube Channel you can take your pharmacy into the stratosphere.
Creating a YouTube Channel for your pharmacy is the way for you to differentiate yourself from competitors, creating your own unique video channel to teach, educate and disseminate information related to health, pharmacy and your business.
Here are some YouTube Statistics to show the magnitude and importance for your Pharmacy to have a presence on this platform:
- YouTube is now the second largest search engine, with 50% more searches than Yahoo! And 180% more searches than Bing
- “500 years of YouTube video” are watched on Facebook every single day
- 60 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- Over 4 billion YouTube videos are viewed a day up from 3 billion
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
- 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011
- More than 20% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices
- 3 hours of video is uploaded per minute to YouTube from mobile devices
- YouTube is available on 350 million devices
· 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
· More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
· Millions of videos are favorited every day
Are you convinced yet? Be creative, create your YouTube Channel and create your own unique program or series that your customers and followers would enjoy, and look forward to see on YouTube every week or month as new episodes are created. As Bill Cosby said, “ Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it”
Since Google owns YouTube, Google loves the videos and your videos will help tremendously with your Google rankings, again setting you ahead of your competitors.
Here are some of the unique ways that I use YouTube to educate and help my clients
- For my patients I created my YouTube Channel- michrxdotcom. www.YouTube.com/michrxdotcom . Helping my clients cope with and live with HIV Disease is my purpose and therefore I created my series, Mich’s Monday Mantra. The Mantra’s are an uplifting helpful video that so many of my patients love and they look forward to it each week. Here is an example: http://bit.ly/NP3ddg
I have been creating a video a week and upload it to YouTube every Monday and now have a series that has almost 2 years worth of Mantra’s…just adding them up one week at a time
2. Another series that I have created for patients is the ClubMedZ Minute, which provides helpful hints to patients about their medications and adherence. See www.YouTube.com/ClubMedZMinute . Here is an example of one of the videos http://bit.ly/QjU7sT . The ClubMedZ Minute is also posted on the MichRxdotcom YouTube Channel
This series is done once a month so it’s easy to come up with a video.
3. MichRx Consulting also has a YouTube Channel www.YouTube.com/MichRxConsulting which is a channel that has the pharmacy marketing videos for pharmacists
Look at these examples and then come up with your own ideas for videos and series that will fit in with your niche and your customer base.
Taking Your Videos
- Take your videos using cameras like the Flip Camera or Kodak Zi8
- You can take fantastic videos using your iPhone or iPad
3. For videos from your Flip, Zi8 or other camera
- download the videos to your computer using the cameras USB drive
- Save all your videos in a folder that you can always access them
- Once the video is now saved on your computer (you’ll always have a record of it) you are now ready to put it on your YouTube Channel
I. Log into your YouTube Channel
II. Click the upload button